This week there was a cold snap, and the leaves all of a sudden came off the trees. There was even rumour of snow on Tuesday night, but I was already home by that time. It has also been very blustery which makes it difficult for the ajusshis to sweep up the leaves, but I don't mind because then they are on the street for me to kick as I walk to school.
Due to the very fall-like weather, I decided that I would make some homemade chicken soup. Last week I stumbled upon a rotisserie chicken vendor at a traveling market. I wonder if this is perhaps the beginnings of Swiss Chalet in Korea:

The chicken was delightful. It had a bit of a red-pepper spicy kick to it, but one could barely notice when it was a) dipped in Chalet Sauce that I brought from Canada, or b) in the soup. The soup was yummy, but my failed attempt at making dumplings made it looked rather unappetizing - hence no picture will ensue.
Due to the very fall-like weather, I decided that I would make some homemade chicken soup. Last week I stumbled upon a rotisserie chicken vendor at a traveling market. I wonder if this is perhaps the beginnings of Swiss Chalet in Korea:
The memories of working at Swiss Chalet flooded my mind.
The chicken was delightful. It had a bit of a red-pepper spicy kick to it, but one could barely notice when it was a) dipped in Chalet Sauce that I brought from Canada, or b) in the soup. The soup was yummy, but my failed attempt at making dumplings made it looked rather unappetizing - hence no picture will ensue.
No comments:
Post a Comment