10.25.2010

season 4

I always laugh when I watch videos about Korea, because they always boast of Korea's "four distinct seasons", as if it is the only country in the world with four seasons. We are currently in the fourth distinct seasons - Autumn, assuming that the first season is winter (since that is the season of January).

I will say that one thing I do love about Korean autumns is that, because Korea is in a more temperate zone that Ottawa, there are many flowers for me to admire as I walk to school and back. Here are a few shots that I took on my way to school (not all are of flowers).

Hwanggol is getting a new paint job by one man swinging from the 17th floor! He's so tiny from where I stood.

I've never seen this before, but I'm glad that they were mindful of the cars below.

One of my favourites is how the ajusshi guards get out their short straw brooms and orange dust pans to sweep up the leaves. No need for rakes here.

This tree hides in the park across the street from my school. It is so pretty, and for the past week has been the only changed tree in the park.

I really enjoy my walks to and from school. I feel like the flowers are little gifts from God to me as tokens of His love. They are His wordless reminders for me to find beauty in Korea, and to stay positive and enjoy the time that I have left here.

No comments:

Post a Comment