I have now been living in Herrnhut, Germany for 3 weeks and still feel so excited to be living in a
castle! I find it even more appropriate as I am a student on the School of the
Kingdom here at that YWAM base. Herrnhut is a small town in the eastern part of Germany. Historically, the town is most known for the Moravian missionaries. These young, radical Christians knew the importance of prayer and worship so they held 24/7 prayer for 100 years! This also transferred to their passion for missions, whereby some would even sell themselves into slavery so that they could make God known to slaves in the West Indies. It is a real blessing to be here in Herrnhut at a missions school, knowing on whose shoulders we stand on.
 |
| the Moravian church |
 |
| inside the Moravian Church - all white to remain simple |
The YWAM base is located about 2 km through a forest from the main town area. The main building is a water castle from the 1700s which once had a moat around it...now it is more of a grass moat. During WWII the castle was used as a school for the National Socialist (Nazi) Party, until it was taken over by the German Red Cross to be used as a childrens' home. Youth with a Mission purchased the castle July 1, 2004 to be used as a missions training base, and it has since been bustling with a new wave of young Christians wanting to make God known.
(how YWAM obtained the castle)
 |
| the castle |
 |
| overlooking Herrnhut |
I would really like to partner with friends and family while I am in this season of learning and short-term missions abroad. I believe that an important way to do this is to ask you all to pray. As the Moravians knew all to well, there is power in the prayers of the righteous (James 5:16). Please pray for the schools running this term (DTS, School of the Kingdom, School of Worship, School of Intercessory Prayer, and School of Strategic Missions), and specifically for my school as we will begin our mini-outreach next week. One team will be heading to Romania, another to the Czech Republic, and the one that I am on will stay here in Germany. Please pray that we all have an increasing love for Christ and for the lost, for boldness in sharing the gospel, for divine encounters with people, for opportunities to encourage other believers, for finances, for unity, and for protection. It is a huge blessing to know that my peers and myself are being prayed for by believers worldwide.
No comments:
Post a Comment